So far it has been a rough start and the weather has not been cooperating. The forecast does not look good for this week, at this time we will be open Monday 12/22 & Tuesday 12/23 our normal operating hours (9am-9pm). Wednesday 12/24 we will be closed due to the inclement weather. Guest Services, Group Sales and Retail will be open Wednesday from 10am-3pm. We are hoping that we will be able to re-open Thursday if not Friday but this will depend on how much rain we receive this week. There will be more updates to come. The past few nights our snowmaking team has been able to make snow and it looks like we have some good snowmaking temps in the 10-day forecast so we should be able to snap right back from this rain and start opening more terrain in the future.
Bear Creek will be closed tomorrow through Thursday in an effort to save the snow that we have made. The forecast does not look favorable and there is a chance of rain. We plan on reopening this Friday and it looks like we will be able to start making more snow Monday if not sooner. Sorry for any inconvenience and please be patient, we just need the weather back on our side.
The following departments will be open limited hours.
The Grille:4pm-10pm Trails End Cafe: 7am-4pm Guest Services: 10am-6pm Tune Shop: 10am-6pm Slopeside Sports: 10am-6pm
Our team has put in an enormous effort and took advantage of all possible snowmaking opportunities for what we thought would be another early opening but unfortunately after the higher than predicted temperatures and rain there still is not enough snow for an opening. The long term weather forecast does not have any favorable snowmaking temperatures and even more rain. We had initially wanted to start pushing snow last night and see if we could connect the dots on the trails but at this point the snow has a better chance of surviving the next week or so if we keep it in the piles. Each pile is crusted over and will melt slower than if we were to break the crust push it all out and expose it to the elements. As soon as the weather is back in our favor we will begin snowmaking. Opening as soon as possible is our goal, but at this time we cannot put out a date. Stay tuned we will continue to have updates.